Monday, December 17, 2012

Victoria Limbert

Interview with Victoria Limbert



Victoria Limbert stopped by to discuss her novel Lilith (Twin Soul Novels). Lilith is her debut  novel and it rocks! Want to read my review? Click Here. Professor Annette Anderson has the soul of a powerful demon named Lilith living inside her body along with her own. They manage to live together but not entirely harmoniously. This book tells us what it's like to be Annette, a person who lives in two worlds. Annette is kickass, the sex is crazy, and the lust is boiling, the demons are sexy as hell, and there is plenty of action, pain and darkness for everyone.

Here is what Ms. Limbert has to say about Lilith (Twin Soul Novels)




Cloey: When did you become interested in writing?



Victoria: I first became interested in writing when I was a very young girl and spent most of my time with my dad…I was the biggest daddy’s girl and love admitting that I still am. My dad would become so immersed in a Stephen King novel or a fantasy by David Gemmell that he wouldn’t hear my mum shouting at him for ages, only to answer with a confused grunt. I knew then I wanted to be the type of writer that could make the readers forget about their lives and become utterly engrossed in the worlds I create. I owe so much to my dad for encouraging my interest and passing down all his books to me. He still does it to this day when I visit him. My shelves are full of Stephen King, Dean Koontz and David Gemmell. 


Cloey: What inspired you to write about Lilith?


Victoria: The demon Lilith is a biblical story I stumbled on while I was researching Mythology and Demonology for a book I was currently writing. I was intrigued by the tale of a woman who was punished for refusing to lay beneath the man she was created to love and cherish. She believed she was equal to Adam, having been formed from the same earth as he had.

Where others saw Lilith as traitorous and evil, I felt pity for her and so I wanted my novel to reflect her humanity as well as her bitterness at the curse put upon her by God for fleeing the Garden of Eden.


Cloey: Who was your favorite character and who was your least favorite character and why?


Victoria: This is a tough one, because I have a soft spot for most of the characters I create, even the villains. If I had to choose, I would say Annette is my favourite character because she has the ability to accept any situation she is placed in, no matter how terrible they are. Her life has been filled with trials and tears and pain and yet she comes back fighting every time. She is my hero. She is the person I wish I could be in my life. To have the strength to stand up for what you believe, for those you love, despite the pain it causes, is an amazing personality trait.

My least favourite character would have to be Obelisk. We don’t meet him until much later in the book but what he did to Annette haunts her through her story. He tainted her past and we watch him taint her future as well. He was a hard character to write for me, because despite the many villains Annette faces and the pain she is put through, it is Obelisk who torments her both mentally and physically.


Cloey: What did you enjoy most about writing Lilith?


Victoria: The most enjoyable part about writing Lilith and, in fact, any of my stories, has to be the climax and the conclusion. I hate planning my writing; I have never been able to keep to a storyboard or plans and timelines. It feels right to let the story take its own course. This means even I am unsure which path I am going to choose until the very moment I write it. I get excited as I near the end, not knowing if I am going to kill off a character or save them or if a friend will become an enemy.


Cloey: What are you working on now?


Victoria: When it comes to writing I have many projects on the go. My main focus is on Fateless, the sequel to Lilith and the second book in the Twin Soul Novels series. I also have a fantasy trilogy coming to life and a series of Post Apocalyptic short stories which I am writing for fun.


Cloey: What do you like to read in your free time? 


Victoria: I like to read Fantasy, Paranormal and Crime mainly. I have never been able to grasp Sci-Fi, though I do try from time to time and the YA market has really grabbed my attention. Since becoming a self published author I prefer to read books by Indie Authors and have found some brilliant writers among them like M.G Wells, R.G. Lawrence and Graeme Ing. 


Cloey: Share with us something about yourself that we wouldn't see in your bio or on any other blogs (this can be anything from the type of music you like, your favorite color, or even your favorite meal - share whatever you want your fans to know about you) 


Victoria: Well, I may write about demons and monsters hiding in shadows but I am absolutely terrified of the dark! I sleep with the television on and the thought of a power cut is my worst nightmare. I have candles everywhere just in case. If I wake in the middle of the night I have to cough loudly or move around until my fiancé wakes up and then I can get back to sleep, knowing he is awake and nothing can get me. Thankfully he is very understanding; I can be difficult to live with.




Thank you so much for discussing Lilith (Twin Souls Novels) today. I can't wait to read Fateless and I love Post Apocalyptic stories too, awesome. So, we are going to see some very good reads soon from Ms. Limbert. Go online and order Lilith (Twin Soul Novels) today. You will be very surprised that this is her first book and I bet you will want to read her next.

Buy it on amazon 



0 comments:

Post a Comment