Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ed Undead

Ed Undead by edward Kent

An Awesome Read!

Ed Kent is an ordinary sixteen year old high school student who lives with his mom, dad, and eight year old sister named Sam. Ed's is also a good guy with a beautiful girlfriend named Lisa Jane. One day Ed wakes up and discovers that everyone in his house is gone, so he went out to find out what happened to them and discovered the death and destruction that ultimately led him to the zombies. Imagine that everyone in your town turned into zombies and are after your brains...ewww!

I loved the characters, the story, and even though I figured out the plot early on it was still a good read. Ed is a everyday guy who has hidden leadership abilities that are developing throughout the story. When placed into a bad situation with the zombies he still keeps it together because Ed is a hero. Lisa Jane is smart and a very good second who can kick but all by herself.

The story is funny too. Ed packs a backpack with a few standard supplies like a flashlight, batteries, tape, rope, comics, lighters, and food. I couldn't stop laughing out loud when I read his food choices! Twinkies in his backpack because of their shelf life, really? Well at least he threw in some Mountain Dew and bottled water with his Combos and Doritos.

Mr. Kent, the author, created characters who are likable - I cheered them on throughout the story. I connected with the characters but also the small town life too, maybe because I lived in a small town, possibly. This one is not for adults who are hard core zombie fans, there are no entrails spilling, brain eating scenes to make your stomach spin. This is a young adult read that I would read again this time next year.

The Overview..

I never believed that I would have to live through a zombie apocalypse. One day I was Ed Kirk, a normal sixteen-year-old boy with a loving family, a beautiful girlfriend, and a full life ahead of me. Now I'm on the run from zombies, being hunted by a dark force that threatens my very existence, all the while trying to escape this town and find help. Oh, yeah, one more thing: I'm a zombie too!




0 comments:

Post a Comment